- Andrew is the host this week!
- Topic: Deck Battle!
- Reasons to be happy this week
- News: Developer Stream
What is a Deck Battle?
Once a month, a guest host brings their favorite deck onto the show to battle the current reigning champion deck for control of the Happy Hearthstone Deck Battle Throne!
If the challenger wins the best-of-3 series, their deck becomes the new Reigning Champion Deck and will fight off future challengers until it loses, or until it’s earned its place in the Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
Defending Deck: Jarret’s Futurist Tempo Mage Deck keeps the punches rolling swiftly, and avoids cards that’ll cycle out of Standard next year.
Challenger Deck: Josh’s Darklfight Warrior Deck, Greedy Priest deck, and the very first Warlock deck he ever brought onto the show.
The Darkflight Deck
- 2x Alexstrasza’s Champion: This card is the single reason why I’ve been making Dragon decks for two years. Insanely good.
- 1x Netherspite Historian: This was love at first sight for me, and it’s only grown as I play with it. Slow, but always good.
- 1x Beckoner of Evil: I only use C’thun cards guaranteed to hit +2 stats, because getting C’thun to 10 will make or break this deck.
- 2x Blackwing Technician: Solid stats for early trades.
- 1x Brann Bronzebeard: Every combo in this deck is huge. C’thun buffs for instant 10/10, +10 more armor on Shieldbearers, or double Discover dragons. <3
- 2x Disciple of Cthun: Superstar for surviving the early game. Always keep in starting hand.
- 2x Cthun’s Chosen: Not ideal, but the best +2/+2 cthun option left.
- 2x Twilight Guardian: Gotta build that taunt wall!
- 2x Azure Drake: All decks. All the time.
- 2x Blackwing Corruptor: WTB Drakonid Operative, but this is a great 5-drop too.
- 1x Sylvanas Windrunner: Just here for value and to draw out removal before the big guns drop.
- 2x Ancient Shieldbearer: Your success is pretty closely tied to your ability to draw and proc this effect. Combo with Brann for immortality.
- 1x Twin Emperor Vek’lor: Stall, stall, stall!
- 1x Doomcaller: Sometimes you’ll have to use this as a desperate buff to hit the 10/10 stats, but you want to save it for the resurrect.
- 1x Nefarian: Value. All these top-end dragons are basically interchangeable. Just use what you have or prefer.
- 1x Ysera: Value.
- 1x C’thun: He’s not the game-winner in this deck. He’s just another big threat at the top-end. They can’t remove all of them.
- 1x Execute: Only run one copy after the nerf, but is plenty useful late and early, especially with little chippers like Netherspite Historian.
- 2x Slam: Always good. Don’t be afraid to use as only removal early against aggro.
- 2x Fiery War Axe: Every deck would run this, if it could.
In case you don’t have some of the ideal cards, here are some quality back-ups and alterations you can use, which all keep with the same theme and strengths of the deck.
- Beckoner of Evil: I bounce between Beckoner and Evil and Netherspite Historian, based on which side I’m having trouble proccing, Cthun or dragons.
- Netherspite Historian: Same.
- Brawl: This should be in the deck, but I’m crazy.
- Blood to Ichor: Equivalent to Slam, choose whichever you prefer.
- Chillmaw: All the top end dragons are hot-swappable. Just use the ones you have/like.
- Chromaggus: Same.
- Alexstrasza: Same.
- Shield Block: This is a great card in the deck and should probably be in it. I cut it after having a tough time getting both Cthun and dragons to proc.
- Questions: Memoriiiiiiiies
- iTunes Reviews
Card of the Week